Universal Banker 2
Universal Banker II Job Summary
The Universal Banker II (UB II) provides superior customer service to Westfield Bank customers and looks to enhance client relationships with full adoption of the Sales and Service Excellence playbook. The UB II also serves as a back-up to immediate supervisor in their absence. Back up duties include assisting their immediate supervisor to ensure that all operational procedures for the branch are performed. The UB II also is responsible for opening of all types of deposit accounts including IRA's, Estate and Trust, and business and private bank as requested. Also originates direct auto, credit card and overdraft LOC products.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
- Provides superior customer service to Westfield Bank customers consistent with the Bank's defined policies and procedures. Services to be provided include, but are not limited to: opening and closing accounts for individual and business customers, cross-selling bank products and services, and accurately processing teller transactions, including cash and non-cash transactions, loan payments, cashier's checks, redeeming U.S. Savings Bonds, wire and ACH transfer origination.
- Opens all types of deposit accounts including IRA's, Estate and Trust, and business and private bank as requested.
- Maintains knowledge of and originates direct auto, credit card and overdraft LOC products.
- Works with immediate supervisor ensuring that all operational procedures for the branch are performed accurately, on-time, efficiently and professionally. This includes audits, alarm testing, daily branch closing, scheduling, etc.
- Assists and manages, as needed, the workflow and day to day activities of the branch. Serves as a resource for fellow team members regarding Bank policies and procedures. Serves as back up to immediate supervisor in their absence.
- Provides branch retail operational reports to the Retail Operations Manager as requested.
- Responsible for providing service to branch walk-in and drive-thru customer traffic. Answers and documents customer phone calls; provides answer(s), solves issue(s), and/or assigns to appropriate team member for follow-up/resolution within Core system's relationship management tool.
- Strive to achieve individual sales targets; in addition, participate as a team player in meeting branch sales and customer satisfaction goals.
- Researches account transactions on all bank products and services to answer questions, research inquiries, and provide information needed.
- Make qualified referrals to speciality bankers in other business units.
- Maintains knowledge of all products and services offered, including but not limited to: Checking Accounts, Savings Accounts, Money Market Accounts, Certificates of Deposit, IRAs, Sweep Accounts, Personal Online Banking, Cash Management, Remote Check (deposit) Capture, and/or Merchant Services.
- Performs outbound calling efforts and participates in campaigns, utilizing COCC CRM tools to assist with service and sales including cross-selling efforts.
- Performs routine account maintenance functions, including check orders, changes to account information and ordering new and replacement debit cards. May assist with maintenance of business and agency banking accounts.
- Provides effective customer service to individuals, business customers, and agents including ensuring resolution of complaints and problems. Initiates action to ensure account errors, processing errors, system errors, and bank errors are corrected.
- Actively solicits Bank products and services through cross-sell opportunities while interacting with customers. Educates customers on services provided to enable the customer to utilize self-serve options.
- Maintains awareness, understanding and compliance with the Bank's internal policies and procedures, law and regulations appropriate for this position.
- Provides assistance in response to regulatory and internal/external audit requests.
- Travels occasionally following scheduled work locations in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
- 2+ years of relevant banking experience.
- 1+ years of customer service related work experience.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills resulting in the ability to identify and recommend bank products and services to customers.
- Experience being accurate with a focus on attention to details via previous work assignments.
- Must display a high level of initiative and leadership potential.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Word) or other transferable software packages.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment while prioritizing and completing work effectively.
- Overtime required, as necessary.
- High School Diploma, GED or demonstrated commensurate experience.
- Valid driver's license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to travel, as required.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.