RN Prof Dev Specialist – Perioperative Department – Multiple Locations – FT
RN Prof Dev Specialist - Perioperative Department - Multiple Locations - FT
Job ID: 2020-22923
# of Openings: 1
Kettering Health Network is a not-for-profit network of eight hospitals, and over 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio's leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 12,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health Network is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
- The RN Prof Dev Specialist will be working with the Perioperative Department at Southview Medical Center and Sycamore Medical Center.
- The Nursing Professional Development Specialist (NPDS) is a professional nurse who contributes to the learning and ethical practice development of all nursing employees.
- Responsibilities of the role include serving as an educator, career coach, mentor and leader within the organization.
- The NPDS assists, facilitates and guides the development of nursing employees beginning with initial orientation and continuing throughout the employment of the individual.
- The NPDS serves as a resource to leadership for the implementation of education programs, evidenced based practice and outcomes evaluation.
- The Nursing Professional Development Specialist systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing professional development practice.
- The delivery of nursing care within the Kettering Health Network reflects the missions, vision, values and philosophies, of the organization and nursing departments.
- The Nursing Professional Development Specialist reports to a Nurse Manager or a Nursing Director.
- Accountable for the success of new employees completing orientation and preceptor support for the assigned units
- Partners with identified unit nurse managers to identify learning needs and perform on the unit competency management
- Support and encourage on going professional development and career development opportunities for the nurses of the assigned units
- As directed by Network Manager of Education: partners with quality and patient experience departments to deliver education
- Deliver network best practice education (ie preceptor course, charge nurse course) and unit specific education at the campus
- Collaborates with peer site educators across the network to identify best practices for education
- Evaluate effectiveness of education to drive outcome measures
- Teach 1 nurse residency class/month
- Licensed in the state of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (NLN, ACEN, or CCNE)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required
- Nursing related Master's degree required (must be initiated within one year post hire and completed within 4 years)
- Certification in specialty area required
- BLS required
- Minimum of five years clinical experience
- Led a recent project with multiple departments/disciplines that impacted patient outcomes
- Led a recent project with multiple departments/disciplines that impacted nursing education outcome
- National Certification within 1 year of hire
- Balance multiple projects and meets deadlines
- Displays effective communication skills
- Demonstrates collaboration to achieve desired outcomes
- Proficient in utilizing computer software
- Experience with an electronic learning management system preferred