Production Supervisor – 2nd Shift
We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
- Be a change agent and drive out waste throughout the manufacturing operation through the deployment of the Lean methodology
- Drive a continuous improvement culture by involving employees in problem solving and decision making as well as recognizing them for outstanding work
- Lead the day-to-day production activities within the value stream(s) to ensure that current commitments are achieved while improvements are being made
- Supervise daily performance through the use of process center communication boards daily
- Assure a clean and safe working environment for all employees, emphasizing prevention of potential problems and hazardous conditions, and supports nVents safety programs
- Responsible for requisitioning, placing, training, directing, appraising, disciplining, or other actions relating to the manufacturing operations employees assigned to the Production Area / Value Streams
- Assist with the development of current and future state value stream maps and continuous improvement plans, as well as the implementation of those plans
- Support new process and product development and implementation
- Be highly visible to associates and promote hands-on, high involvement approaches to problem solving on the shop floor
- Develop key improvement projects and performs other related duties as needed
- Ability to move about within the facility in the facilitation of work teams, problem solving, and communication with employees and management
- Lead people in the areas of: performance management, time and attendance, and progressive discipline
- Completed high school diploma or G.E.D
- 4 year degree preferred
- 5+ years manufacturing experience, with a preference for manufacturing leadership experience preferred
- 1+ years' experience in leadership
- Experienced with operating computers specifically Windows platform, Word and Excel, Lotus Notes, JD Edwards and Internet
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Knowledge of process improvement concepts and methods along with the flexibility and adaptability to accept, support, and deploy new processes in a changing business environment.
- Skilled at effective communications at both technical and leadership levels. Skills must include good interpersonal skills, as well as verbal communication skills and ability to understand information and ideas as presented.
- Skill in conflict resolution including the ability to address difference of opinions or facts and use the most appropriate method to reach an effective solution.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships, both internal and external, and establish credibility with business partners.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize time/workload and delegate work in order to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively coach and foster staff growth and development.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstances; must be able to thrive in a constantly evolving business environment.
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We're a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.