Product Development Engineer, Electrical
We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
Our EFS Electrical Solutions Product Development team has the need for an electrical product development engineer to design and develop innovative and practical solutions for our nVent ERICO and nVent ERIFLEX brands.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
- Propose, design and develop nVent ERICO (lightning, grounding, surge protective devices and rail products) and nVent ERIFLEX (low voltage distribution products) for electrical industries and applications worldwide.
- Collaborate with Sales, Product Management, end-users and other stakeholders to generate new product ideas. Assist commercial teams with VoC visits.
- Research and provide market specific intelligence and feedback on products.
- Prepare material, component and product specifications. Support the preparation of quality assurance procedures.
- Complete electrical / electronic designs, create drawings and schematics, check drawings and quotes, and prepare financial justifications for capital expenditures.
- Validate designs, create and test prototypes and assist in third party testing and conformance.
- Support NPI activities during commercialization and product launch. Conduct NPI training for sales, customer care, and customers.
- Participate in industry committees and standards working groups.
- Ideally 3 + Years of related experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Schematic design, component selection, printed circuit board layout, simulation, prototyping and testing
- Experience with PCB design software such as Altium Designer® or similar
- Experience in managing projects and knowledge of formal project management methodologies
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional team work and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, with ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Experience with 3D design software such as SOLIDWORKS®, Inventor® or similar
- Experience with firmware development software such as STM32CubeIDE, MPLAB® or similar.
- Experience with software development IDEs such as VSCode®, Eclipse® or similar experience with project management software such as Confluence™ and Jira®
- Electrical lab or testing experience with medium voltage or higher
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We're a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.