Outreach Fitness Specialist – Community Outreach – PRN – Varied Shifts
Outreach Fitness Specialist - Community Outreach - PRN - Varied Shifts
Job ID: 2020-22839
Type: Resource (PRN)
# of Openings: 2
Category: Marketing/ Public Relations
Fairfield Road Bldg
Are you looking to join and engage in a customer service driven opportunity in healthcare that provides a very important and valuable function?
The Community Outreach Department works to directly impact Kettering Health Network's surrounding community through programs that will increase wellness and promote healthier lifestyles.
This position will actively be involved in Covid screenings and testing
The Fitness Specialist position duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Fitness Specialist (FS) assists the Community Outreach Department with organizing, implementing and maintaining wellness activities by utilizing their professional knowledge and experience as it relates to their field of expertise.
- Regularly participates in and promotes wellness programs with concentration on health promotion, independently of others.
- Work to regularly enhance knowledge base by staying current in health information service lines in the development of programs specifically designed to meet the needs of the community.
- Be willing and able to transport work related materials, in employee's personal vehicle, to on and off-site locations as needed.
- Communicate effectively with patients/family/significant others of varying ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science, Physical Education or related field required.
- Maintains competencies and skills of specialty areas of practice.
- Requires the ability to lift 30-50 pounds as needed.
- Ability to work varied hours with some evenings and weekends.
- Minimum of 3 years recent experience in community health or social work preferred.
- Experience in planning health promotion programs preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- CPR and first aid required. ACLS and ACSM certification preferred.