Mfg Material Handler
We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS ROLE:
- Comply with all applicable safety procedures and report unsafe conditions or potential safety hazards to the Production Supervisor/Team Leader or appropriate resource.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work area.
- Notify Production Supervisor/Team Leader or other appropriate resource when problems arise concerning equipment, operations, materials, inventory, documentation, etc.
- Receive, stock, pick, issue and deliver materials within performance guidelines to assure the satisfaction of internal and external customers.
- Perform routine duties such as, keeping packers and machine operators supplied with parts and material, and removing completed items to storage area or next workstation.
- Sort, weigh, coordinate materials and comply paperwork for creating purchase and work orders.
- Follow department schedules or instructions, make deliveries and pickups at workstations to maintain flow of work and prevent excessive accumulation of material in work areas.
- Remove packed items from conveyor, stack and pile on skid.
- Set up workstations and instruct operators regarding operation procedures and safety precautions when necessary.
- Operate forklift truck and notify supervisor regarding shortages.
- Pick up parts from assembly area and put to stock.
- Assist with cycle counts and stock control procedures.
- Maintain equipment including safety checks.
- Maintain a supply of equipment and materials necessary to complete the operation.
- Meet established performance standards to ensure production schedules are met.
- Ensure that products meet nVent's quality specifications.
- Maintain accurate records and inventory balances.
- Perform rotational assignments as needed.
- Participate actively as a team member through continuous improvement activities to meet customer needs.
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- Minimum 1 year's production work experience preferred.
- Experience operating RF scanner and software
- Computer experience with Windows Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet. Software for printing labels
- Knowledge of all material flow processes
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures, and ability to promote compliance with them.
- Skill in analytical thinking and problem solving
- Skill in communicating effectively through oral and written communications
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstance and the ability to thrive in a constantly changing business environment.
- Ability to operate equipment necessary to picking process. i.e. wave lift, Tugger truck, mother/daughter carts, tow motor etc.
- Ability to function in a high stress, high pressure environment, with a positive attitude.
Physical and Environmental Abilities
- Bend, squat down, and reach above your head
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Work in confined spaces
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We're a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.