McWane Ductile Ohio – Poles Supervisor
McWane, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is made available to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, and marital status, disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions with reasonable accommodation, Vietnam Era or veteran status. This policy applies to hiring, placement, recruitment, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoffs, recalls, Company-sponsored training, terminations, and other employment-related activities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Directly supervises, coordinates, and executes production schedule for operations processing pole sections and assembling utility poles servicing the Power Utility market. Drives company mission and communicates goals and expectations while overseeing assigned team. Identifies gaps in developmental needs and provides the guidance and support required for both staff and the organization to be successful.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include those listed below. Other duties may be assigned. This position is a full-time (minimum 40 hours per week) on-site position.
- Flexible work schedule - 1 st 2 nd , or 3 rd coverage as required.
- Schedules, coordinates, and oversees daily activities of production workers.
- Responsible for directing maintenance personnel absent a maintenance supervisor.
- Trains, develops, and mentors employees.
- Motivates and encourages teamwork with team members to ensure production objectives are met.
- A dvises and counsels production workers on how to improve their performance and provides input on performance evaluations, training needs and disciplinary actions.
- Communicates and coordinates with other departments to achieve assigned objectives.
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
- Holds self and others accountable to commitments.
- Troubleshoots equipment issues and recommends repairs to the maintenance department.
- Performs inventory of selected raw materials and supplies
- Participates in physical inventory of sections and accessories.
- Recommends proper staffing levels and adjusts accordingly to ensure production requirements are met.
- Documents, tracks and approves daily production results in electronic reporting system -Enterprise.
- Maintains proper quality standards of product being produced.
- Determines work procedures, r ecommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Schedules employee days away, h andles personnel issues, employee counseling and employee performance.
- Has strong written, oral, communication and facilitation skills.
- Works within budget constraints.
- Observes and enforces all Company, Housekeeping, Environmental, Safety and Plant policies and procedures.
- Addresses errors, problems and complaints within scope of authority.
- Recommends final actions to operations manager on full range of personnel management matters.
- Can be asked to perform duties of department head in their absence.
- Provides vacation coverage to other departmental supervisors.
- Any other duties assigned by manager.
- Must be able to perform all essential duties satisfactorily.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Bachelor's degree in business, Engineering, or related field preferred or:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of leadership experience in heavy industry (foundry experience preferred)
Computer Skills: Computer literate; proficient with Microsoft Windows, MS Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and email, database management and spreadsheets.