Lab Tech III-2nd shift
Location: Mason, OH, United States
Job Identification: 447
Job Schedule: Full time
The hours are 2pm - 10:30pm, Monday through Friday.
The Laboratory Technician III is responsible for specimen processing, test performance and reporting of test results according to laboratory procedures. This position reports to the Laboratory Supervisor.
• Perform laboratory testing and data review according to laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient's test results.
• Review and edit Standard Operating Procedures as required.
• Acquire and maintain competency by participating in required training and continuing education activities before and after starting new procedures.
• Participate in testing of proficiency testing samples in same manner as patient samples.
• Adhere to laboratory quality control and quality assurance procedures, document all necessary quality control and quality assurance activities.
• Follow the laboratory's established corrective action policies whenever test systems are not within laboratory established performance specification.
• Work in departmental and cross functional lab teams to resolve problems and implement projects as required by supervisor
• Identifies and follows cost saving measures.
• Recognize potential and existing problems that may adversely affect results of patient testing. Notify appropriate personnel per laboratory processes; take prompt and appropriate steps to correct the problem.
• Propose improvements to laboratory processes. Assist in non-conformance investigations.
• Assists with high level data analysis tasks.
• After initial training, work independently. Completes assigned job duties in timely manner, anticipates delays and reports to supervisor if the tasks cannot be completed in time
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree or higher in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemistry or chemical engineering, biological or other physical science.
• MS degree in science discipline with 2 years relevant clinical lab experience or Bachelor's degree in science discipline with 3-4 years of relevant clinical lab or equivalent preferred.
• Ability to work on-site.
• Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks correctly and consistently.
• Follow all rules and regulations and adhere to the highest ethical standards.
• Understands decisions when department and company goals are explained.
• Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively under tight timelines and schedules.
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
• Ability to sense the importance or impact of issues and situations and take appropriate actions.
• Must be flexible, innovative, and self-motivated.
• Must have the flexibility to work extra hours to meet corporate and departmental goals.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
About UsMyriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.