Internal Audit Intern
The Internal Audit Intern is responsible for assisting the members of the Internal Audit department with various tasks required to complete risk-based audits in accordance with the annual internal audit plan and support the Company by providing quality financial services to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the execution of audit procedures for the Company and its affiliates. Perform various duties such as understanding routine data processes, testing controls, and performing substantive procedures. Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures.
- Analyze evidence, prepare written communications, and interact with lines of businesses. Performs other duties as assigned which may include any task required to support the Company's mission of providing quality financial services to customers.
- Demonstrate professionalism, teamwork, integrity, collaboration and accountability.. Contribute ideas/opinions and listen/respond to other views.
- Assist other members of the Internal Audit Department with activities as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication skills
- Customer service
- Quality of work
- Workflow skills and teamwork
- Attendance and dependability
- Courses in accounting or finance are preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
- Organizational skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required; working towards Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- Certification: None.
- Years of experience: 0 to 2 years is required.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift, walk, stand, sit, bend, reach with hands and arms, climb, push/pull, use hands, and see, hear and speak.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting, with flexible work hours.
- Travel to affiliate locations may be required to perform audit fieldwork.