Financial Planning Associate – Hybrid Remote
We are seeking a Financial Planning Associate in the Private Client Group of our wealth management firm. This position will be responsible for developing financial planning deliverables in the e-Money application to ensure accuracy and completeness. They will prepare completed financial plans and financial planning illustrations for client and advisors and participate in meetings as needed.
This position offers work from home availability 2 days per week.
In this position you will:
- Enter client information into the e-Money application to produce accurate and detailed financial planning deliverables for the financial planning team and client facing Advisors
- Assist in the client on-boarding process in e-money application.
- Participates and contributes to the eMoney team by learning and training members on e-Money application, proper inputs, and financial planning techniques
- Assist in developing e-Money procedures and best practices for the Financial Planning team and client-facing Advisors
- Review client information and plans entered into e-Money by other team members
- Analyze e-Money reports to ensure accuracy of client information entered into e-Money
- Work directly with advisors to create and update financial plans, create scenarios, and assemble presentations
- Interact with clients on the e-Money client website and troubleshoot connection issues
- Ability to interpret estate planning document by reading clients' will, trusts, power of attorney, marital agreement, partnerships, or other legal documents to ensure information is properly entered into e-Money
- Research and model financial, charitable, estate, and tax planning topics related to proposed or completed client transactions and offers analysis and recommendations
- Interface with client attorneys, accountants, and other advisors to implement planning strategies
- Participates in client meetings, as needed.
- Keep abreast of new features and functionality with e-Money application
- Develops knowledge of all assigned clients through reading meeting notes, studying client files and completing tax and financial planning projects for those clients
- Completes other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, taxation, finance or related field
- CFP or CPA designation a plus
- 5-7 years' experience working for a wealth management firm or bank that utilizes e-Money software
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Strong computer proficiency (e.g., E-Money, Word, Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong client orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player
- Commitment to company values
Clearstead is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The qualified candidate can expect:
- A flat, bureaucracy-free organizational structure that fosters creative thinking and involvement at all levels of the organization
- The opportunity to join a growing firm that offers professional growth in an industry that is both dynamic and intellectually challenging
- An opportunity to work with high-profile private clients and institutions across the country
- A competitive base salary with an incentive bonus program
- 401(k) Savings plan with company contributions
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Long-term disability insurances
- Generous paid time off program
We are Clearstead...an independent institutional and wealth advisory firm in Cleveland, Ohio.
We advise nearly 200 institutions and 900 private clients on more than $31.5 billion of assets. Our institutional clients include retirement funds, endowments and foundations, higher educational institutions, and healthcare organizations. Our private clients are families, individuals, and related entities.
There's a popular line at Clearstead, There are no sharp elbows. There is a palpable sense of kindness and respect for one another; of doing what is right for clients and the firm. Our culture is collaborative and collegial and encourages sharing of information and ideas. This helps us attract and retain strong and motivated individuals.