Document Scanning Production Manager
Job Title: AIM Production Manager
Department: AIM Operations
FLSA Status: Salaried ( Exempt )
Reports To: Division/Region Operations Manager
To s upervise and coordinate all activities concerned with the document scanning of large and small format documents, as well as the digitization of all other materials provided by customer for any conversion project. Responsible for quality control of assigned work , production schedules & deadlines, managing labor for most efficient use, and participating in the monthly profitability review to make adjustments as needed to maximize profits for the AIM Operation. P rovid e input on Company direction , policy changes and communications to all AIM staff at location .
- Interface with customers regarding scheduling, problem solving, job status, and general information requests. Provide other forms of customer service as required.
- Plan and direct production activities and establish production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Inspect machine supplies and products required for operation of the business to verify conformance to specifications. Direct setup and adjustments of machines.
- Confer with management to establish production and quality control standards and procedures. Develop budget and cost controls to improve cost effectiveness. Obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Coordinate production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment. Develop quality standards and create, implement, evaluate, and modif y inspection criteria and procedures with upper management, departmental and branch managers.
- Revie w and analyze production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operating or production problems.
- Revise production schedules and clarif y priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Coordinate shift transition with the night Manager and assigned departments.
- Stud y production schedules and estimat e worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Monitor records and report inventory.
- Directly supervise 2 to 10 employees and temporary labor with in the ir assigned responsibilities . Carr y out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Communicate company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Interpret specifications and job orders to workers and assigns duties.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Perform activities of workers supervised when necessary.
RESPONSIBILITES & EXPECTATIONS
- Maintain time and production records.
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems, improve product quality and workflow.
- Be a team player.
- Assist Customer Service Manager and VP of Marketing to meet sales needs at customer sites, including training/education of sales employees.
- Confer with other managers to coordinate activities of individual departments and branches.
- Abide by all company rules and regulations, including those set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Conscientious and consistent effort to quickly and accurately complete each task according to the company's productivity standard.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE - Profile
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public .
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Working knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and Adobe Acrobat .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear . The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 3 5 pound document boxe s . Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ARC Job Descriptions 2006