Customer Service Specialist
R&M Materials Handling Inc
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Springfield, OH, US
Employment type: Undefined term
POSITION TITLE: Customer Service Specialist
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Manager - Equipment
1. Prepare new equipment/parts quotations utilizing company quoting software or price books while following company policies as to pricing, product application, terms; etc.
2. Enter customer orders into the system and complete order support functions to ensure customer needs are met. Utilize price books, SAP, iLM, Aton, web tools or new systems,
as they become available.
3. Confer with Regional Sales Managers and/or customers to obtain and evaluate customer requirements/ available data and other preliminary matters pertinent to the inquiry or sale.
4. Respond to questions pertaining to specifications, pricing, availability, and application.
5. Communicate with distributors via telephone, fax and e-mail.
6. Engage in sales/promotional activities.
7. Monitor field reaction to our published data, suggest and participate in additions and improvements as appropriate to better our position and improve sales.
8. Prepare reports and maintain records, files, engineering documentation and reference library.
9. Assist in Warranty as required.
10. Actively participate in product/software/industry training as provided by the company and through independent research (i.e. industry publications, product specifications).
11. Keep abreast of and well informed about new industry developments, company products, specifications, etc. Continually develop technical knowledge of product offering.
12. Assist in department improvements to facilitate improved productivity to meet or exceed the requirements of the customer.
13. Achieve industry leading customer service.
- Provide professional written and verbal communications and timely processing of quotations and orders. Maintain a high degree of clerical accuracy. Initiate efforts to create an effective team and earn the trust and respect from both customers and coworkers. Seek timely solutions to resolve unexpected problems and make significant contribution with little direction. Maintain a timely and thorough responsiveness to inquiries including but not limited to phone calls, voice mails, faxes and e-mails.
14. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION: Associate degree or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 year's experience in engineering and/or new equipment/parts customer service required. Must have well-developed PC skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to address multiple issues simultaneously and work well under pressure.
*RM #MONUS #CBUS #NXT