Customer Service Representative
We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
- Play an integral role in achieving the company objectives by efficiently and effectively partnering with the Outside Sales team to provide superior service your territory.
- Interface, communicate, build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Be responsible for complete order management process (quote to cash)
- Investigate, validate and work to resolve customer discrepancy claims and material return requests.
- Work with cross functional teams to manage customer backorders and lead time inquiries, including working with Planning and Manufacturing to determine accurate shipping dates.
- Resolution of price discrepancies identified at the time of order.
- Answer inquiries received via phone and email, often by working with other departments such as Transportation & Distribution, Product Management, Engineering, Technical Support, Sales, Planning, and Finance to facilitate a resolution prior to communication with the customer.
- Work with our SalesForce.com CRM to respond to customer inquiries.
- Bachelor's Degree required or the equivalent in customer service experience.
- Minimum 2+ years' experience in a Customer Service setting required.
- Experience in a fast-paced high-volume customer service environment.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate confidently with both technically trained and non-technical customers.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize time/workload to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Extensive experience in order entry, order management and generation of price quotes.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle shifting priorities to satisfy customer requests.
- Ability and willingness to work with different departments within the corporation as part of fulfilling customer service excellence, including - but not limited to - technical support, engineering, sales, product management , and shipping & receiving.
- Experience with Infor M3 ERP software (preferred).
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We're a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.