Culinary Director (Full Time)
After spending 14 years in healthcare, I finally found my home with Arrow Senior Living. It's home-like environment is not just for the residents but for the team members as well. From day one you embrace the core values, and you see how they impact residents' quality of life. Arrow is a great company to grow with-it promotes within and the employee appreciation, incentives, and benefits are just a bonus on top of making residents and team members smile. I have become lifelong friend s with this team, and I can happily say I love my job and enjoy coming to work.
-Arrow Team Member
Position- Culinary Director
Position Type : Full Time
Location: Seven Hills, Ohio
Starting Salary- $61,360+
Shift Schedule- Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm
Manager on Duty Weekend Rotation 10am-2pm
Come join our team at Vitalia Active Adult Community at Rockside located at 6100 Lombardo Center South Seven Hills, Ohio 44131 !
We are looking for someone ( like you) :
- Be a Five-Star Czar : Oversee Culinary department in providing consistent, exceptional, five-star service in both front and back of house.
- To Be a Gustatory Genius : Ensure food items are prepared to Culinary standards and provide residents with an exceptional dining experience while maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
- Create a Menu of Masterpieces: Develop menus of delicious seasonal and mainstay choices based off resident preferences and needs utilizing fresh foods.
What are we looking for?
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- You may have at least three (3) years of experience in senior housing or related field (preferred, not required).
- You have d emonstrated skills, knowledge , and competency in the areas of leadership, training, and supervision.
- You possess p roficient written and oral communication skills with other members of management, professional, and support staff .
- You have c omplet ed formal culinary, food service or restaurant training or an equivalent amount of full-time supervisory or management-level work experience.
- You are comfortable creating , modify ing , and print ing word processing and spreadsheet documents using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel .
- You are a ble to send, receive, and forward email.
- You must be active a s this role requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day.
- You must have the a bility to frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds.
- You must be comfortable to be in close contact to extreme temperatures, including cooking surfaces and walk-in freezers.
- You will have the ability to work primarily indoors, but also be available to work outside for events.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than six (6) months prior to or seven (7) days after employment .
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis within seven (7) days of employment and annually thereafter.
- You must be criminally cleared.
Employment Benefits ( We value our benefits) :
- Company Match 401(k) with 100% match up to the first 3% and fully vested upon enrollment .
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance (1st of the month following 60 days of employment -Full Time)
- Disability insurance (Full Time)
- Employee assistance program
- Weekly Employee Recognition Program
- Life insurance (Full Time)
- Paid time off (Full Time employees accrue up to 115 hours each year and Part Time accrue up to 30 hours each year)
- Tuition Reimbursement (after 90 days for FT AND PT employees)
- Employee Referral Program (FT, PT, and PRN)
- Complimentary meal each shift ( FT, PT, and PRN)
- Daily Pay Option
- Direct Deposit
- Did we mention that we PROMOTE FROM WITHIN?
Do you want to see how much fun we are at Vitalia Rockside ? P lease visit us via Facebook:
Or, take a look at our website: https://vitaliarockside.com/
Have questions? Want to speak to someone directly? Reach out by calling/texting your own recruiter, Kim Piaggio : 816-714-6885 .
About the company
Arrow Senior Living manages a collection of senior living communities that offer varying levels of care including independent living, assisted living, and memory care in 33 properties currently in 6 states (Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio, Arkansas) and employs nearly 1,900 employees !
Arrow Senior Living serves and employs individuals of all faiths, regardless of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age , or handicap, except as limited by state and federal law.
Keywords: chef, sous chef, kitchen manager, chef manager, cook, restaurant, food service, chef's assistant, culinary, food manager, dietary cook