Coord Quality Control I/II
Location: Mason, OH, United States
Job Identification: 419
Job Schedule: Full time
- Track equipment in laboratory, when repairs or Preventative Maintenance are due, and ensure documentation of all work on equipment is present.
- Ensure all materials used in the lab are properly prepared, QC'd and stored prior to use in patient testing.
- Track inventory in laboratory and place orders as needed.
- Receive and accession samples as needed.
- Ensure patient samples are discarded at proper interval.
- Participate in safety program as needed
- Ensure laboratory and equipment are clean and safe.
- Report results of QC activities to management
- Recognize potential and existing problems that may adversely affect results of patient testing. Correct the problem immediately or notify appropriate personnel per laboratory processes.
- This position operates with some supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or higher in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemistry or chemical engineering, biological or other physical science or education leading to specific qualifications for QC.
- Experience working in QC in a regulated environment, preferably CAP/CLIA.
- Ability to work on-site
- Subject to Saturday hours if applicable or needed.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks correctly and consistently
- Follow all rules and regulations and adhere to the highest ethical standards
- Exceptional written and verbal skills Interest in working in a dynamic biotechnology environment.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively under tight timelines and schedules
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member
- Ability to sense the importance or impact of issues and situations and take appropriate actions
- Must be flexible, innovative, and self-motivated
- Must have the flexibility to work extra hours to meet corporate and departmental goals
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Physical & Lifting Requirements
- Lifting Requirements - light work or exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
- Physical Requirements - stationary positioning, moving, operating, ascending/descending, communicating and observing.
- Use of equipment and tools necessary to perform essential job functions.
About UsMyriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.