As a Counselor at Community Counseling & Wellness Centers, you will play a crucial role in supporting the mental health and well-being of our community members of all ages. You will be at the forefront of crisis intervention and mental health support services. Your role will involve providing immediate counseling and crisis intervention to clients in distress, assessing their needs, and collaborating with our multidisciplinary team to ensure timely and appropriate care. The ideal candidate will possess strong clinical skills, a passion for helping others in crisis, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Marion, OH
Annual Starting Salary: LSW/LPC: $48,000 (Bachelor); $52,000 (Masters); LISW/LPCC/LISW-S/LPCC-S $62,000
Community Counseling & Wellness Centers is an organization dedicated to providing accessible and high-quality mental health services to individuals and families in our community. We are committed to promoting mental well-being, reducing stigma, and empowering individuals to lead fulfilling lives. Our team of dedicated professionals works collaboratively to provide comprehensive, evidence-based counseling and support services.
The parent company: Third Street is a patient-centered medical home driving change in the community. We adapt to the needs of those we serve while building services to fill gaps in care to invest in a healthier future for all. At Third Street, we provide high-quality care through the continual learning of our employees and by building a diverse team. We value our employees, communicate our expectations, and train our team on best practices.
Community Counseling & Wellness Centers:
We exist for the sole purpose of providing high quality, professional mental health and substance abuse treatment to the individuals and families of North Central Ohio, including Crawford, Marion, Seneca, Sandusky, and Wyandot Counties.
Third Street Family Health Services:
To deliver comprehensive health and wellness care, accessible to all in the communities we serve.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of clients to determine their mental health needs.
- Work closely with school systems to provide mental health education and crisis support.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans based on assessment findings.
- Provide evidence-based counseling services to clients, using a variety of therapeutic techniques.
- Provide crisis intervention and counseling services to individuals experiencing acute mental health crises.
- Conduct rapid assessments to determine the level of risk and create safety plans.
- Deliver evidence-based therapeutic interventions to address crisis-related symptoms and concerns.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of professionals, including psychiatrists, social workers, and case managers, to provide holistic care.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of program initiatives to improve mental health services in our community.
- Ensure compliance with all ethical and legal standards in mental health counseling.
What We Offer:
Attending to your needs today:
- Your ideas, input, and contributions are valued and recognized.
- Excellent clinical, administrative, and management support
- Forward-thinking, collaborative, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Competitive compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Gym membership discount
- Tuition assistance
Protecting your future:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance?
- Employer contribution to a health savings account
- 403(b) retirement plan with match
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long-term disability
- State of Ohio LSW/LISW or LPC/LPCC license required.
- Completion of a bachelor or master's level program
- Prior experience in a community mental health agency, a plus
- Strong clinical assessment and diagnostic skills.
- Knowledge of evidence-based therapeutic interventions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Commitment to maintaining the highest ethical standards and confidentiality.
- Cultural competence and the ability to work with a diverse client population.
- Proficiency in electronic health record (EHR) systems is a plus.
Third Street is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and patients we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com or call 419-522-6191 ext. 2201 for Human Resources.