Campus Lean Manager
We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
Provide leadership in the application of Lean Principles and Methodologies. Drive manufacturing and distribution centers toward waste elimination culture across all processes. Convert strategy deployment goals into lean projects and kaizen events - lead and follow-up on the conversion to lean practices. Work with nVent leadership to find opportunities, implement action plans, follow-up and assure achievement of enterprise goals.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
- Lead all aspects of the annual Strategic Deployment process including enterprise value stream mapping & transformation planning and improvement funnel management for the Solon Campus consisting of 2 manufacturing sites and a distribution center
- Provide leadership and direction to the Solon Leadership team ensuring availability of adequate resources to exceed key performance metrics
- Drive a continuous improvement culture and data driven improvements by using the RCCM process, ensuring that the containment actions are in place while eliminating the root cause
- Be a change agent and drive out waste throughout the operation using lean methodologies
- Facilitate, train and lead lean improvements while creating the right sponsorship to drive improvement activity
- Develop business cases and establish financial and non-financial project goals
- Develop & maintain a Kaizen Calendar system to plan and implement events including the follow-up on open items from all Kaizen events, assuring they are completed or planned into a future event
- Be highly approachable to associates and create an environment for participation. Promote hands-on approach to problem solving
- Mentor lean engineers and coordinators/technicians to increase their lean knowledge and abilities to improve site performance and lean assessment scores
- 4 year degree in engineering or business-related field is a must.
- 3 + years of experience in a leadership position
- 5+ years business process or manufacturing continuous improvement experience
- Proven understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Experience facilitating kaizen events both in the manufacturing and office environment
- Strong project management and project leadership experience
- Ability to build relationships and influence all levels in the organization
- Knowledge with proven skills in using and instructing Six Sigma and Lean tools
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We're a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.