Business Development Administrator
Business Development Administrator Job Summary
The Business Development Administrator Supports the Chief Lending Officer and Market Leader(s). Responsible for preparing monthly reports. Networks within the business/civic communities to create new sales and business development opportunities for the full range of Westfield Bank products and services. Maintains and promotes active bank participation in community events to identify/develop strategic relationships with partners/potential customers within the local business community to enhance community presence.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
- Supports the Chief Lending Officer and Market Leaders by organizing and completing tasks and projects to maintain efficiency.
- Prepares monthly Business Unit Board report, monthly Bank Opportunity Pipeline and Funding by market report.
- Prepares monthly Commercial Lending department scorecards, Deposit Summary and Capacity reports.
- Networks within the business/civic communities to create new sales and business development opportunities for the full range of Westfield Bank products and services.
- Maintains and promotes active bank participation in community events to identify/develop strategic relationships with partners/potential customers within the local business community to enhance community presence.
- Coordinates with CLO and outside entities to schedule and implement bank wide golf outings and social and networking events.
- Liaison for Bank Marketing Committee and OFIC Hospitality.
- Monitors and tracks the Bank Market Leaders' budget for items such as annual sponsorship, membership dues, etc. and escalates any expenditure and/or request that needs further review to the CLO and Marketing Committee.
- Performs diverse and confidential office support requiring skill and knowledge of office-related practices, software, machines, procedures, and documentation.
- Prepares and compiles agendas for monthly Market Leaders meeting and Commercial Lending Joint Sales meetings as well as follow up notes.
- Coordinates Westfield Bank Community Development Board member onboarding, meetings, and annual reviews. Maintains and updates CDB member contact directory.
- Coordinates the onboarding process for Commercial Lending department new hires which includes working with Marketing to prepare press releases announcing their employment with the Bank and scheduling their attendance at required meetings.
- Schedules key repeating meetings for the Chief Lending Officer and the Market Leader(s) using electronic calendars. This includes coordinating logistics for room reservations, teleconferences, and audio visual needs.
- Travels as needed in order to perform other essential functions.
- Maintains awareness, understanding and compliance with the Bank's internal policies and procedures, laws and regulations appropriate for this position.
- Provides assistance in response to regulatory and internal/external audit requests.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
- 2 or more years of administrative professional or related experience.
- Experience working in an office environment including an understanding of general business flows, procedures and systems.
- Experience using various office and computer equipment and software packages, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office products such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Adobe Acrobat. etc.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion and sensitivity.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of management and employee population.
- Experience being accurate with a focus on attention to details via previous work assignments.
- Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing work via previous work assignments.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and working with other departments to solve problems.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment while prioritizing and completing work effectively.
- Strong desire to excel in a competitive environment.
- High School Diploma, General Education Diploma (G.E.D.) or commensurate experience.
- Valid driver's license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to travel, as required.
- Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.