We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
To perform a variety of duties involved in assembly, paint and paint preparation, material handling, loading and unloading lines, assisting others in production operations, minor machine set-ups and operating production machines after set-up.
Key Role Responsibilities
• Work individually or part of team to assemble an entire product or component of a product
• Complies with all applicable safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions or potential safety hazards to team leader or appropriate resource.
• Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
• Notifies team leader or other appropriate resource when problems arise concerning equipment, operations, materials, inventory, documentation, etc.
• Performs set-up duties in accordance with production documentation.
• Positions production materials and tooling and maintains proper dimensions according to print specifications.
• Selects and moves production materials as required.
• Operates and adjusts various equipment according to production documentation.
• Maintains production equipment.
• Maintains equipment and materials necessary to complete the operation.
• Meets established performance standards to ensure production schedules are met.
• Ensures that products and systems meet nVent's quality specifications.
• Performs transactions necessary to maintain accurate records and inventory balances.
• Performs rotational assignments as needed.
• Participates actively as a team member through continuous improvement activities to meet customer needs.
•May be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Experience
• High School Diploma or GED Preferred
•Knowledge of manufacturing processes
•Ability to read, write and communicate in English
•Skilled in hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
•Skill to utilize the following machines and tools:
Material handling equipment
Safety equipment: Safety glasses, hearing protection, protective clothing
Hand tools: pliers, hammer, wrenches, sockets, files, screw drivers, etc.
Ability to stand entire scheduled shift
Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstance and have the ability to thrive in a constantly changing business environment.
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We're a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.