Applications Engineer, Mechanical
We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
The selected candidate for this LENTON Applications Engineering position will join a dynamic team that fills an exciting variety of roles including: product design and testing, global customer problem solving (internal and external), lab work, technical investigations, and content creation (operation and installation documents and videos). This position plays a critical technical role to ensure the success of concrete structures all over the world by working shoulder to shoulder with customers (engineers, designers, installers, contractors, and end-users) and the Commercial team (Sales, Customer Care, Product Management and Marketing).
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
- Provide technical support to Sales, Product Management, Customer Care, Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Sourcing, and Regulatory Compliance.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert for LENTON products, including their application, for nVent functions including Sales, Product Management, Operations, etc.
- Assist customers in the proper selection and application of LENTON products.
- Execute product development projects from design to launch for product enhancements, cost reduction, product consolidation and new product development.
- Support Operations in disposition of non-conformances and support product testing as needed.
- Participation in the development of software tools and web-based utilities for product selection/configuration and equipment troubleshooting.
- Design and carryout destructive and non-destructive test programs (including FMEA, mechanical testing, microscopy, etc.) to prove product performance under unique circumstances.
- Expand/develop/test rebar connections that utilize a variety of mediums, examples: mechanical threads, swaged, grouted, CADWELD, friction weld, arc weld.
- Participate in design/redesign of field equipment for threading/friction welding/swaging/tensile testing rebar ends
- Create training videos for product installation, equipment operation, troubleshooting, repair.
- Review training literature for technical accuracy including installation guides and procedures, operations manuals, online learning management systems (LMS).
- Represent nVent in industry codes and standards committees.
- Provide market specific intelligence and feedback on products and services to the commercial teams. Assist commercial teams with voice of customer (VOC) visits and training visits.
- Combination of office and lab work (lab work ranges from 25%-40% of total time).
- Hybrid Work Schedule: 3 days in office, 2 days from home
- Travel: 5%-15% of time
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree from an ABET accredited program. Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering experience is a plus.
- Ideally 5 years+ experience in an engineering position within the manufacturing or commercial construction industry. Experience with regulatory standards and reinforced concrete is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical assemblies with a focus on applications sales and support
- Managing multiple tasks/projects along with the ability to work in a fast paced team environment in a self-directed manner
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft office, ERP/PLM Systems, CAD - SolidWorks)
- Strong technical aptitude, analytical skills, and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to deliver technical presentations to a variety of audiences (customers, new hires, management, trade show attendees) in various formats (in-person, webinar, teleconference).
- Strong writing skills for communicating technical details succinctly to customers, and creation of equipment instructions.
- Strong verbal communication skills for understanding and relaying technical information to engineers and end users.
- Highly motivated, with ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Basic video creation and editing skills.
- Fluency in Spanish language desirable, but not necessary.
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We're a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.