3rd Shift Progressive Die Press Operator
We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
- Sets up and operates heavy-duty power press to bend, form, stretch and straighten a number of products such as plates, extrusions, structural shapes, etc as specified by blueprints, layout, and templates.
- Plans sequence of operations applying knowledge of materials.
- Perform duties required to assist setup and operate multiple automatic and/or multi-slide presses simultaneously for a variety of stamping products.
- Work from drawings, route sheets, schedules, written, and verbal instructions.
- Check material for accurate size and type, load coils, adjust coils and material rollers.
- Assist with set-up of complicated progressive dies, movable and stationary forming blocks, adjust stroke and feed as needed.
- Use micrometers, calipers, scales, and fixed gauges to check work in process and ensure adherence to specifications.
- Move materials in the performance of duties using lift truck or crane as necessary.
- Install and check safety devices as needed for specific jobs.
- Report faulty equipment, defective material and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or advised, which may require more than the normal shift hours or work week to meet company needs.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-5 years Manufacturing experience.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced; multi-tasking environment and meet operational deadlines
- Ability to work with a team
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective communication
Physical and Environmental Abilities
- Bend, squat down, and reach above your head
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Lift and carry at least 25 pounds
- Work in confined spaces
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We're a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.